Moderated an industry expert Panel on ’Deploying Customer Data for AI in FinTech Applications,’ FinTech Innovation Summit, Singapore, August 2019
Invited Speaker, IBM, Data Science Forum – Delivering Innovative & Efficient Business Results using AI in Insurance, Singapore, July 2019
Turning insurance data to revenue using AI and ML, 5th Regional CEO Summit, Singapore, June 2019
Using AI and ML for Targeted Customer Engagement, AI and DA market Event, Seoul, South Korea, June 2019
AI and ML in Insurance Product Development and Pricing, 4th Asia Conference on Big Data Analytics in Insurance, Asia Insurance Review, Singapore, Feb 2019
AI and Analytics Case Studies in Insurance, Big Data and AI Asia Show, Singapore, Dec 2018.
- “Big Data Analytics and AI in Insurance,” Institute of System Sciences, National University of Singapore, July 2018
- “Big Data Analytics and AI in Insurance,” Korean Actuarial Society, Seoul, South Korea, June 2018
- Machine Learning and AI in FinTech, Training Modules for FinTech Talent Program sponsored by Singapore FinTech Association, Singapore
- Cohort 1: Oct and Nov 2017.
- Cohort 2: Feb 2018
- Cohort 3: June and July 2018
- Data Science in the 21st Century, National University of Singapore, Sep 2017
- Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning in FinTech: Industry Trends and Use Cases, Singapore Management University, Aug 2017.
- IT Operations Analytics: Top Industry Use Cases, Invited Speaker at Big Data Singapore, Sponsored by Dataconomy, Singapore, Feb 2017 (http://bit.ly/2n9Q2ww)
- Analytics in the Era of Digital Business, Guest-of-Honor Speech at IFIM’s Annual Conference, Convergence 2016, Bangalore, India (see media coverage, Economic Times, Feb 16 2016: IFIM)
- Analytics: An Industry Perspective, one of the Invited speakers for the inauguration of IIT Kharagpur-ISI Kolkata-IIM Kolkata’s PG Diploma Program in Business Analytics, IIT Kharagpur, India, June 2015
- Reinforcement Learning for Electricity Market Bidding using Spark, Spark Summit, San Francisco, July 2014.
- Predictive Modeling of Medicare-related Readmissions using Markov Chains and Machine Learn- ing, INFORMS Business Analytics Conference, Boston, April 2014.
- Multi-objective Optimization and RL for identifying Optimal Emissions and Water Taxes in Electricity Markets, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, 2013 (with Ivan Saavedra*).
- Led a Roundtable discussion on Energy-Water-Climate change nexus at the Council on Energy, Environment, and Water, New Delhi, India, July 2013.
- A Competitive Markov Decision Process Model for the New Energy-Water-Climate Change Nexus, Industrial & Systems Engineering Research Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 2013 (with Ivan Saavedra*).
- An Attribute Quality Sampling Strategy Using a Reinforcement Learning Methodology. 3rd International Conference in Technology and Operations Management, Bandung, Indonesia, 2012. (with Dr. Otieno *)
- “Optimal Bidding Strategies in Joint Electricity and Allowance Markets.” INFORMS Annual Meeting, Charlotte, NC, 2011.
- “Examination of Market Power in Carbon-constrained Electricity Markets.” INFORMS Annual Meeting, Charlotte, NC, 2011.
- “Simulation-optimization Models for market Power Assessment in Electricity Markets.” INFORMS Midwest Regional Conference, Columbus, Ohio, August 2011.
- “Assessing the Impact of Different Auction-based CO2 Allowance Allocation Mechanisms.” IEEE Power & Energy Society Conference, Detroit, MI, July 2011.
- “Application of Reinforcement Learning-based Algorithms in CO2 Allowance and Electricity Markets.” IEEE Conference on Adaptive Dynamic Programming and Reinforcement Learning, Paris, France, April 2011.
- “Equilibrium Bidding Strategies in Electricity and Cap-and-Trade Markets.” INFORMS Annual Meeting, Austin, TX, November 2010.
- “Game-theoretic Model for Energy Markets in a Carbon-constrained Environment.” ALIO INFORMS International Meeting, Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 2010.
- “Capacity Expansion in Illinois Electricity Markets under Cap-and-Trade programs,”’ INFORMS Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2009
- “Generation Expansion Planning under CO2 Emissions Control Programs,” IIE Annual Meeting, May 2009, Miami, FL
- “A Decision Support Tool for Generation Capacity Investments in Restructured Power Markets,” Energy, Natural Resources, and the Environment (ENRE) Section, INFORMS annual meeting, October 2008, atWashington, D.C.
- “A matrix game model for generation capacity expansion and a reinforcement learning based solution approach,” IEEE Power & Energy Society Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, July 2008.
- “A Reinforcement Learning Approach to Finding Nash Equilibrium of Multi-player Matrix Games,” ENRE Section, INFORMS annual meeting, November 2007, Seattle,WA.
- “A Numerical Comparison of Equilibrium in Single period and Multiperiod Games with Stochastic Demand,” ENRE Section, INFORMS annual meeting, November 2006, Pittsburgh, PA.
- “Impact of auction rules on market power in day-ahead energy markets,” ENRE Section, INFORMS annual meeting, November, 2005, San Francisco, CA.
- “An OPF framework for assessing auction strategies in deregulated electricity markets,” ENRE Section, INFORMS annual meeting, October, 2004, Denver, CO.
- Equilibrium Bidding Strategies in CO2 Allowance and Electricity Markets, Talk made in the Electric Energy Economics (E3) Group hosted by Iowa State University, April 2011.
- Capacity Expansion Planning and Optimal Bidding Strategies in Carbon-ConstrainedEnvironments, Talk made in the Electric Energy Economics (E3) Group hosted by Iowa StateUniversity, April 2010.
- Walker, D., Weber, J., Nanduri, V., Prieto, D., and Das, T. K., “Building the Foundations of Nanotechnology: From the Classroom to the Laboratory,” poster presentation, GK-12 Annual Conference,Washington D.C., March 2008
- Das, T. K., Okogbaa, G., Nanduri, V., and Otieno, W., “Evolution of the STARS project at USF,” poster presentation, GK-12 Session, Florida Academy of Sciences Annual Meeting, Melbourne, FL, March, 2006.
- Okogbaa, G., Das, T. K., Nanduri, V., and Otieno, W., “From science facts to its underlying mathematics, engineering, and scientific principles: A paradigm shift in elementary science education,” poster presentation, GK-12 Session, Florida Academy of Sciences Annual Meeting, Melbourne, FL, March, 2006
(* indicates that the lead speaker was my doctoral student or a collaborator)